Sunday, April 3, 2022

Amazing people and: to the Poland/Ukraine Border (An ALL NIGHTER!)

 I can’t even see straight I am so exhausted, literally. But I wanted to get some ‘visual’ pics out there to bring into the awareness of today and the profound experience it was for me; albeit working with refugees and IDP’s for over 14 years now- this was different- so very different.


                        

                                                      I didn’t see one angry person, I only saw smiling faces of those that were helping. I met two women who are African American from Spain, they FLEW to Poland/Ukraine border to help/assist any and all African Americans that may have been in Ukraine (for work, students etc.) and therefore unable to #1. Join combat or #2 seek refuge!          

Nothing better than being with my babies and, if I can’t be with them, at least we can FaceTime each other from one side of the world to the other! I Love you Rocco and Kingsley <3 


Jonathon who NEVER takes pics, has no idea #1 that I posted this and #2 (and #3-infinity) how much he has contributed to The REEL Project and not JUST because he is an amazing friend but also sits on the Board of Directors for the REEL Project (he’s a talented writer AND is pretty funny too!)

Who does that? ……………….A lot of people. 

SO many people from around the world have come together as people, as communities as HUMAN BEINGS. The ‘walk’ out of Ukraine and into Poland at the MEDYKA shelter (largest and most busy for those crossing by foot- majority women and children. A lot wait till right before curfew as they travel all day just getting close enough to the border to then cross). I have so soooo much to say, share, tell and questions. I want to highlight the amazing organizations that are there on the ground that are exhausted but smiling, happy and even those that are risking their lives to get the utmost needs to hospitals, clinics and children’s hospitals INSIDE Ukraine. 

I will update on my flight home tomorrow as now I need to pack, eat something and close my eyes since they’ve been open for over 24 hours straight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment