Saturday, April 2, 2022

It has been a whirlwind of days, weeks- months. But here I find myself, in Amsterdam, on my way to Poland to not only deliver and distribute but, I GET TO experience the joy of this, seeing the faces of those on the receiving end. 

People often ‘commend’ me for the humanitarian work I do and, I find that my response has been and is always the same, which is: I am the one who is thankful. 

LAX-WARSAW
I realize, especially now, that the stamina I had back when I started my humanitarian work, is no longer on par with what I can withstand today. But, the world (and my kids!) has kept me on my toes and I am reminded that the passion that drives each  and everyone of us always pushes past the mental block or, capacity that we [only] think we can not go on. 

Plan is, once arrived in Warsaw, head across the city to retrieve another car. We will settle in (for all of a couple of hours ha), then depart at 1am local time, and head to the border in the van full of humanitarian aid. The drive should take 4-6 hours, once we arrive there we will document what we can (as well as along the way) and en route back to Warsaw, visit a few shelters along the way.

#thankful
-krista

 


No comments:

Post a Comment