Sunday, November 4, 2018

Johannesburg, South Africa


November 4th 2018
I've had 2 full days here in Johannesburg, and jet-lag got the best of half of my day yesterday so, let's call it a day and a half! On Saturday my flight arrived almost an hour early, it was quiet at 5am- so I blew through customs. I was able to spend the day reuniting with friends and met baby Kai, who is the son of my goddaughter, Amber. Sunday came all too soon. However, we did get to discover some of downtown yesterday; art and great culture sprawled along the streets. 

In the afternoon, strolled through and ate some amazing vegetarian curry at the Sunday market (similar to our LA 'farmer market'). Watched salsa dancing atop an outdoor restaurant and ended the day with an amazing seafood dinner.

I will spend more time today preparing for my trip to Zambia tomorrow, which departs from here around 4pm so I will get to the airport no later than 1-1:30pm. Until later- today, or tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment